Dear Community Members:
I have a couple of quick items for you before the weekend.
1. On Memorial Day the Eastwood HS Band and others will be helping with local ceremonies supporting our American Legion Posts in Luckey and Pemberville.
· At 9:30 the Pemberville Legion will have their Salute to the Dead beginning at the Town Hall. There will be a parade that will conclude with the posting of the colors followed by a ceremony inside the Legion at 10:00.
· At 1:45 the HS Band will perform a concert as part of the Memorial Day festivities in Luckey. At 2:00 the Troy-Luckey Legion will be hosting their Memorial Day program and HS English Teacher, Coach and Air Force Master Sergeant Nathan Howard will be the speaker.
· We are proud of our involvement in honoring those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedoms.
2. On Saturday the Varsity Softball Team will play for a Regional Championship and a trip to Akron and the Final Four. First pitch is at noon at Findlay HS. Good Luck Ladies!!
3. Boys and Girls Track will wrap up Regional Competition on Saturday in Lexington. They had an excellent day yesterday with Katelyn Meyer winning the High Jump, Erik Fertig finishing 2nd in the discus, and the Boys 4x800 qualifying for the State Meet. There are a couple of relay teams hoping to qualify and Meyer, Fertig, Jamie Schmeltz and Jake Hahn hoping to go as individuals. I think that is everyone!
4. The Senior Baccalaureate will be held next Tuesday at the Pemberville Presbyterian Church at 7:00 PM. It is air conditioned!
5. Also next Tuesday, there will be a Career/Vehicle Day at Eastwood Elementary School. You may see some very large vehicles in the parking lot at the elementary building! The kids should have a great day and hopefully gain some insight into possible future careers!
6. Earlier in May Mr. Keith Madaras’s Environmental Science Class toured several facilities dealing with water and sewage treatment. The Northwestern Water and Sewer District put out a video from the day. You can check out the YouTube link below.
I hope you have a terrific weekend! Should be perfect for all of your Memorial Day plans! When we come back there will be just six student days remaining.
Brent Welker, Superintendent
Eastwood Local Schools
4800 Sugar Ridge Road
Pemberville, Ohio 43450