Welcome to the Eastwood High School Guidance Department!
Meet the Guidance Counselors
Mrs. Schuessler - Mrs. Donna Schuessler is a 1979 graduate of Perkins High School. She attended BGSU and received a Bachelor's degree in Education and a Master's degree in Guidance Counseling. Mrs. Schuessler began teaching at Eastwood in 1986, and has been with the district for 34 years. Mrs. Schuessler lives in Bowling Green with her husband, Mike.
Mr. Hemminger - Mr. Andrew Hemminger graduated from Oak Harbor High School in 2003. He received his bachelor's degree from Bowling Green State University in 2007 and master's degrees in administration and school counseling in 2010 and 2012. After working at the University of Michigan, he started counseling at Swanton High School (2012-2014) followed by Woodmore High School (2014-2019). He lives in Perrysburg Township, within three minutes of sushi.
Important Guidance Info Below:
2020-2021 EHS Course Description Book
Federal Student Aid
Career Advising Policy
College Credit Plus Presentation 2020-2021
ACT Test Dates and Registration Deadlines
||REGISTRATION DEADLINE DATE
February 08, 2020
|April 04, 2020
|June 13, 2020
|July 18, 2020
To sign up go to www.actstudent.org
Eastwood High School Code : 364-065
Eastwood Test Center Number: 197860
ACT with writing: $67.00
TEN TIPS FOR TAKING AN EXAM
- Get plenty of sleep the night before the test.
- If you feel nervous before beginning, try to relax by taking a few deep breaths.
- Maintain confidence in your abilities and plan to do your best. Your attitude can affect your performance.
- Listen carefully to all instructions and ask questions if you hear something you don't understand.
- Focus your attention entirely on your work.
- Position your answer sheet next to your test booklet so you can mark answers quickly and accurately.
- Before answering each question, read it completely, as well as all the possible responses.
- When you are unsure of an answer, choose the one you think is best and go on to the next question. Be sure to answer every question. There is no penalty for guessing.
- Pace yourself throughout the test by occasionally checking the time.
- If you complete the test before your time is up, reread the questions and check your answers.
Federal Student Aid
- View your Student Aid Report (SAR) after your FAFSA has been processed
- Make corrections to your processed FAFSA
- Print a copy of your SAR information
- Reapply for financial aid in the future
- Electronically complete and sign your loan promissory notes
Online Direct Loan Servicing www.dl.ed.gov
- Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Get general information about your Direct Loan, including your account
- balance and payment history
- Change your repayment plan and payment due date
- Request a deferment or forbearance
- Make your loan payment online
- Complete Direct Loan Exit Counseling
- Get information about consolidatingyour federal student loans
National Student Loan Data System www.nslds.ed.gov
- View information about federal loans and grants you have received