Enrollment & Registration

Eastwood Enrollment / Registration





Kindergarten Registration


Children must be five years of age on or before August 1 of the year they will be entering kindergarten. Due to additional forms/information needed for kindergarten children, a registration packet for kindergarten students must be obtained through the Eastwood Central Office located at 120 College Avenue, Pemberville, Ohio. Office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Please call for an appointment at 419-833-6411 and ask for Laurie.


Eastwood Schools Enrollment Requirements


All new students (grades K-12) are processed through the Eastwood Central Office located in the Administration Building at 120 College Ave., Pemberville, Ohio by appointment only. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Please call for an appointment at 419-833-6411 and ask for Laurie.


In order to accommodate your registration quickly, we must comply with the legal requirements of the following:

· Federal/State Law – “Missing Child Act”

· State Law ORC 3313.64 – Legal Residency

· State Law ORC 3313.64 – Legal Custody

· Eastwood Board of Education Policy


Please help us by submitting all the necessary legal documents for the enrollment process.Incomplete documentation may cause delays in the entry of the student to their assigned schools or possible exclusion/withdrawal from the District due to lack of verification of records per the above legal mandates.


The following documentation/information must be filed with the Eastwood Central Office to comply with the legal requirements of the “Missing Child Act” and the Eastwood Schools Board of Education:


1. Official Birth Certificate with raised seal – If you do not have an original and your child was born in Toledo, you may obtain a certified copy of the birth certificate through the Toledo Lucas County Health Department – Vital Records Department at 635 N. Erie Street, Toledo, OH 43624. There is a fee required. They will provide you with a certified copy for you while you wait, Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or call 419-213-4100. The Wood County Health Department is located at 1840 E. Gypsy Lane Road, Bowling Green, OH 43402 – phone number 419-352-8402. You may also obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate by mail. Please contact the Health Departments for more details.


2. Custody Papers – If your child in NOT living with BOTH biological parents on the birth certificate, you must provide one of the following:


· A copy of the completed court document (divorce decree, shared parent agreement, etc.) including the following:

1st page of File/Stamped Court Document

Page(s) stating legal custodial/residential parent information

Signature page of parents and Judge/Magistrate


· If legal custody has not been established, the petitioner has sixty (60) days from the time of enrollment to produce a signed Journal Entry of Judgment establishing a change in custody. In order for your child to be enrolled in Eastwood Schools during this waiting period, a copy of the filed/date stamped motion petitioning the court for a change in custody must be provided.


· In the event a parent is deceased, the death certificate must be presented.


3. Photo I.D. of Parent/Custodial Parent/Guardian must be presented when registering student. Also, any paperwork showing a parental name change (i.e. divorce/re-marriage) must be presented.


4. Social Security Card


5. Immunization Record


6. Proof of Residency – Parents/legal guardians must provide one of the following when registering:

· Signed Purchase Agreement (followed up by the closing papers within 60 days)

· Most Recent Property Tax Statement

· Signed Lease Agreement


For persons living with family or friends – You will need to have completed at the time of registration:

· Residency Affidavit needs to be filled out and notarized. (This form needs to be picked up in advance from the Eastwood Central Office.)

· Moving in with a person in an apartment will not be accepted, unless your name is on the lease.

· Closing papers or most recent property tax statement of the person you are living with is required as proof of residency.


7. School Records (Please bring these with you to your scheduled appointment to enroll your child)

· Current transcript or most recent class schedule

· The name, address, and telephone number of your child’s previous school

· Most recent grade card

· Special Education records (IEP/ETR) (if applicable)

· 504 Plan (if applicable)

· Gifted records (WEP) (if applicable)