Dear Parents and Community Members:
At the end of May, we will no longer have access to Ohio Alerts for closing and delay information as well as transportation texts from Mrs. Volschow. As a result we will be making the move to Remind. Below is information put together by our Director of Technology, Matt Bostdorff, that should assist you in signing up to receive notices through Remind. Some of you have had experience with this in the past as we used this platform at different points. Here you go:
Parents, Students, and other Stakeholders
Beginning next school year (Late Summer of 2021) Eastwood will be using Remind.com to dispense information to the community. This platform is replacing the current Ohio Alerts platform that predominantly sends text messages. In order for Parents, Students, and other community members to receive messages from Eastwood Local Schools regarding closures, cancellations and the like, you will need a Remind.com account. Once your account is created, users join appropriate “classes” so you can receive school information using a unique classroom code.
How do you do this?
Remind.com has some excellent tutorials on getting signed up. It is helpful to start there. Please check this page for details and helpful videos: -> Join a class – Help Center (remind.com)
As an example, let’s join the classroom “Delays and Cancellations.” The signup code for that class is @elsdelcanc.
There are 3 easy ways to signup for Remind.com and join the class:
- Download the app for your smartphone (easiest)
- Visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download the Remind App
- Open the Remind App
- Sign in to your Remind account or create a new account, enter the information as requested.
- Once logged in, use the “hamburger” menu in the top left of the screen, select Join a Class
- Enter the class code: elsdelcanc after the @ symbol
- Signup and sign in to Remind.com via your computer
- Visit https://remind.com/join and enter the class code: elsdelcanc after the @ symbol
- Click on the blue button to join the class
- Enter your personal information to sign up or use the Google button to sign up with Google.
- Signup via text
- Send a text message to 81010 and in the body of the message enter the class code: @elsdelcanc
- If you are a new user, follow the prompts to enter your full name and the “S” for Student or “P” for Parent. (If neither, just select Parent.)
**If you have read the signup instructions, watched the videos, and are still in need some help, please call our Tech Director (Matt Bostdorff) at 419-801-4120.
Brent Welker, Superintendent
Eastwood Local Schools
120 E. College St.
PO Box 837
Pemberville, Ohio 43450
"Leaders create Culture, Culture drives Behavior, Behavior produces Results." - Tim Kight