Dear Community Members:
I have a couple of notes for you this evening.
WINTER DRIVING IS HERE
This afternoon the winds picked up quickly and created some challenging driving issues. I was speaking with one of the deputies who helps here frequently who shared that situations like today are some of the most challenging. The roads look great and are fine, and then you hit a 100-foot patch of snow out of the blue. When we see these things happening we try to make announcements before the HS kids leave. It changed just that fast today.
It looks like we will have up and down conditions that will change over the course of the day for at least the next week to ten days. We will do our best to try and provide you and our students with the best information possible. As always, you as the parent has the right to make decisions that you feel are in the best interest of your child.
We will be up and out again in the morning to check the roads tomorrow. Will keep you posted.
RECOGNIZING EASTWOOD’S 1,000 POINT BASKETBALL SCORERS
On Tuesday February 7th, we will host a very special ceremony during our boy’s basketball game where we will be recognizing all of the boys and girls who have score 1,000 points during their HS career. It will be a great evening and celebration of the great tradition of Eastwood Basketball. More information to follow.
BOOSTERS REVERSE RAFFLE
The Eastwood Athletic Boosters will be holding a Reverse Raffle on April 22nd at Glass City Boardwalk. Tickets are on sale now and there is a flyer attached with more information. The Grand Prize is $10,000!!
EASTWOOD YOUTH SOCCER REGISTRATION
Online registration for the Spring 2023 Season will be open January 29 – February 12, 2023
· Registration is open to boys and girls born between January 1, 2008–December 31, 2019. This is the last season of eligibility for 2008 birth year middle schoolers!
· Spring season games will run from April 1–May 26. There will not be an end of season ESSL tournament for 8U-14U, but rather an ESSL day (pool play) is planned for May 6.
· Register at eastwoodsoccer.org – click on Registration to begin the process
· All registrations need to be completed online before the deadline of 11:59 p.m. on February 12th . Registrations completed after this date will be assessed a $10 late fee and will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on February 15th or when rosters are full.
· 8U–14U uniforms must be purchased from Ortinau Art by registration deadline if the participant doesn’t currently have a uniform. (4U and 6U will receive a t-shirt uniform included with their registration)
· All volunteer coaches will receive cash back upon team assignments and completion of paperwork
· For questions, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, check us out on Facebook - Eastwood Youth Soccer
That is it for this afternoon. Be safe and have a great rest of the week.